Social Media Management: 8 Tricks That Make Websites More Social
This is the social media generation. For this generation, "social" could mean a video-chat, a mobile app, a Twitter feed, a Pinterest board, a Google + hangout, and much more. Every day, millions of users access millions of websites through a huge array of social media platforms and devices.
For your website to truly thrive, it must fit right into that daily whirlwind. Successful social media management involves building a website that reflects social media trends and adapts those trends to your business model.
A more "social" website will boost website traffic, cohere your social media marketing strategy, and drive your social media ROI.
So, how do you get started on making your website more social? Check out these 8 social media management tricks:
- Strategically place social media icons throughout your website. For example, there should be Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn icons at the end of every blog entry that you post. Each one of these should be directly linked to your social media pages.
- Encourage users to sign into your website with their Facebook or Twitter accounts. That way, you automatically link your business with their daily action of signing onto social media
- Share plenty of images. Some of the most successful social media websites are image-based- Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, just to name a few. Posting videos and photos to your site will help attract users that are accustomed to these very visual platforms.
- Make sure that your site is compatible with mobile devices. As smartphones become more universal, a large majority of users are accessing the web from their phone, tablet, or other mobile device. Make sure that your website's software functions well with these mobile devices, and that your images and videos are all easily downloadable.
- Consider making an app for your business. There is an app for pretty much everything, so why not have one that connects users directly to your business? If you do create an app, make sure to promote it through blogging, email marketing, and social media marketing campaigns.
- Offer free, high-quality content. In general, social media is not a pay-to-play world. Web browsers expect free content, and if you do not offer it to them, they will go somewhere else to get it.
- Provide an RSS feed for your blog. Today's users want real-time updates and a continuous stream of information. RSS feeds are a great way to make that information easily available.
- Make your content fun! Social media users log onto the web for information and entertainment, so give them both!